Spring Thaw Mountain Bike #2
This race is the second mountain bike race in the REV3 Adventure trail series. Located at The Greens @ Willowsford, you will be treated to a first class trail system that offers fast single track through Willowsford’s Conservancy areas that pass though open fields, pine forests and thick oaks groves. Come an experience the best of Virginia’s country side on two wheels, at speed.
REV3 Adventure Trail Series
For 2013 REV3 Adventure is excited to bring you a new trail series geared toward the trail runner, mountain biker, or anyone who enjoys both. With two different locations and four different trails, you can come and race one event or tackle all eight to earn the title Trail Master. The series consists of four trail run events and four mountain bike events. We will crown a trail runner series champ, a mountain bike series champ, and–if you have the skills to race both on foot and wheels–the series champ of Trail Master.
With dedicated private single track trails at the Greens and at the Grant located at the Willowsford community in Loudoun County, the terrain is prime for fast times caught by a ChampionChip timing system. Post-race refreshments will be provided by Lost Rhino Brewery and Pizzeria MOTO. To round out the series, this fall we’ll have an Adventure Weekend, starting with a Sprint Adventure Race and Family Adventure Race on Saturday followed by the Trail Series Finale on Sunday. On Saturday night between the race days, enjoy free camping, bonfire, evening entertainment, geocaching, orienteering course, musical entertainment, movie, and exceptional hospitality and entertainment by Willowsford. Sound awesome enough for you?
Saturday , March 9th 2013
10am – Spring Thaw Dash 6k and 11k at The Grant, Willowsford
12:30pm – Spring Thaw MTB at The Grant, Willowsford – 10 miles (Newbies & Young Warriors)
12:30pm – Spring Thaw MTB at The Grant, Willowsford – 20 miles (Weekend Warriors)
Saturday, April 6th
10am – Spring Thaw Dash 6k and 11k at The Greens, Willowsford
12:30 – Spring Thaw MTB at The Greens, Willowsford – 8 miles (Newbies & Young Warriors)
12:30pm – Spring Thaw MTB at The Greens, Willowsford – 18 miles (Weekend Warriors)
Saturday, October 19th
10am – Fall Foliage Trail Run 6k and 11k at The Grant, Willowsford
12:30pm – Fall Foliage Trail Run MTB at The Grant, Willowsford – 10 miles (Newbies & Young Warriors)
12:30pm – Fall Foliage Trail Run MTB at the Grant, Willowsford – 20 miles (Weekend Warriors)
Saturday, November 2nd
Frozen Foot AR and Family AR at the Greens (Separate registration coming soon)
Sunday, November 3rd
10am – Fall Foliage Trail Run 6k and 11k at The Greens, Willowsford (series finale)
12:30pm – Fall Foliage MTB at The Greens, Willowsford – 8 miles (Newbies & Young Warriors) (series finale)
12:30pm – Fall Foliage MTB at The Greens, Willowsford – 18 miles (Weekend Warriors) (series finale)
Distances may change depending on trail conditions.
$50 Race Day
This includes entry into a single trail run or mountain bike event, a race day shirt, championchip timing, great food from Pizza MOTO, delicious beer from Lost Rhino brewery, raffle entry for the chance to win some sweet prizes, a sense of accomplishment and a great race day atmosphere.
Trail Run and MTB Series
This includes all of the above and entry into either all four trail run events OR all four mountain bike events and the chance to win the bragging rights if you win the series (plus we will throw in some supper cool prizes). Only one t-shirt will be provided for the series and will be handed out at the first event you enter. No refunds are given for any events you do not race in.
Trail Master Series
This includes all of the above and entry in to all four trail run events AND all four mountain bike events and the chance to be crowned the trail master if you win the series along with some great prizes from our sponsors. Only one t-shirt will be provided for the series and will be handed out at the first event you enter. No refunds are given for any events you do not race in.
Trail Run Categories
- <20 Ladies 5k
- 20-29 Ladies 5k
- 30-39 Ladies 5k
- 40-49 Ladies 5k
- 50+ Ladies 5k
- <20 Ladies 10k
- 20-29 Ladies 10k
- 30-39 Ladies 10k
- 40-49 Ladies 10k
- 50+ Ladies 10k
- <20 Gentlemen 5k
- 20-29 Gentlemen 5k
- 30-39 Gentlemen 5k
- 40-49 Gentlemen 5k
- 50+ Gentlemen 5k
- <20 Gentlemen 10k
- 20-29 Gentlemen 10k
- 30-39 Gentlemen 10k
- 40-49 Gentlemen 10k
- 50+ Gentlemen 10k
Mountain Bike Race Categories
- <16 Miss Young Warrior
- <16 Masters Young Warrior
- Under 35 Ladies Newbie
- 35 and over Ladies Newbie
- Under 35 Ladies Weekend Warrior
- 35 and over Ladies Weekend Warrior
- Under 35 Gentlemen Newbie
- 35 and over Gentlemen Newbie
- Under 35 Gentlemen Weekend Warrior
- 35 and over Gentlemen Weekend Warrior
Newbie is for racers trying mountain bike races for the first time and have not raced extensively in previous seasons. Weekend Warrior is for anyone who considers themselves sport class. No sand bagging please. Category is determined by age on race day.
Trail Series Rules
- To be eligible for the Trail Run and MTB series awards you must compete in at least one race in the spring and one in the fall.
- To be eligible for Trail Master series, you must enter at least one trail run and one mountain bike race. These can be either in the spring or the fall.
- Eligible participants will be automatically entered into the series.
- Trail run and MTB series winners are divided up by gender, discipline, and division. All age groups compete for the same prize.
- Trail Master series winners are divided up by gender.
- Point tie breaker is determined by fastest time at the series finale. If a participant who races in the finale ties with someone who does not race in the finale, the participant who raced in the finale wins.
- Series points will be tabulated and posted to the REV3 Adventure web site no later than 1 week after each of the qualifying events.
- No race day category changes. Failure to complete your prescribed course will result in a DNF.
- No chip, no time, no points. If you forget to wear your chip, we will not be able to give you an official race time and you will get a DNF.
- Ladies 10K
- Ladies 5K
- Gentlemen 5K
- Gentlemen 10K
- Ladies Newbie (Beginner)
- Ladies Weekend Warrior (Sport)
- Gentlemen Newbie (Beginner)
- Gentlemen Weekend Warrior (Sport)
- Master Young Warrior (16 and Under)
- Miss Young Warrior (16 and Under)
Person with highest points in series wins. Points are awarded for each race as follows:
1st – 100, 2nd- 90, 3rd- 82, 4th- 75, 5th- 69, 6th- 63, 7th- 58, 8th- 53, 9th- 49, 10th- 45, 11th- 41, 12th- 37, 13th- 34, 14th- 31, 15th- 28.